Convergence 2015 – truly bringing people together.
With the Microsoft Convergence 2015 conference now becoming a memory, and having had a chance to get back into the old routine, we thought we’d share some of the announcements with you.
This year’s Keynote was delivered by none other than Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella – a true indication that this is a prestigious event.
You can see the Keynote in all its glory here but below is a brief summary:
- Brace yourself as Microsoft launch themselves into the Internet of Things! The IoT is widely regarded as the future of technology. The announcement of the Microsoft Azure IoT Suite seems to corroborate this. This partnership seems perfect – with the potential ability of IoT to facilitate the collection of data en masse, coupled with the powerful analytic capabilities of Azure, this could be THE tool of the future for businesses.
- Windows 10 for IoT. This version will combine industry grade security capabilities with universal apps to create a powerful offering for those using IoT devices.
- Power BI. Now available across the world, this service is enjoying global popularity. Its expansion into the Enterprise arena is set to continue with the announcement of new connectors, dashboards and reports.
- Dynamics CRM Spring upgrade. The Spring 2015 release will bring performance enhancements and integrate the service further into Office 365. Social Engagement has also been added as a new feature to allow monitoring and engagement with others from within the application itself.
- Office Delve. A new tool using machine learning techniques to extract relevant information for users from all parts of Office 365.
- Office 2016 is coming! The IT Professional and Developer Preview of Office 2016 was announced, with the full version expected to be available later this year. Read more here.
- Skype for Business. The technical preview of Skype for Business (formerly Lync) was introduced. This is due to be fully compatible with Office 365 from mid-April 2015.
In addition to the above highlights, the conference was packed with other features and experiences that had a great impact on us. So much so, the Painted Red team are off to the Worldwide Partner Conference in July this year! Watch this space for the full review of what promises to be a truly incredible event.
To find out more about our skills and how we can help you, please have a look at our Resource Profiles using the links below:
Please email Julia Wells or give us a call on 01628 810111 to discuss any business requirements.