Connect with Gary on LinkedIn!
Gary is a highly experienced qualified Consulting Project Manager and Solutions Architect with a consistent record of achievements in the successful delivery of leading-edge ERP and digital projects; leading and training internal and external high-performance multi discipline teams to deliver key infrastructure and change projects within time frames and budget. Gary’s areas of expertise include the NetSuite platform and Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Download Gary’s profile here.
- NetSuite ERP
- Dell Boomi
- MS Dynamics NAV
- Project Management
- Data Migration
- System Implementation
- Server Architecture
- Network Management
- Budget & Salary Management
- End User Training
Recent Project Roles
Consulting Project Manager
- Managing all aspects of NetSuite ERP implementation including:
- Business Process Mapping and Requirements Gathering sessions.
- Implementation of NetSuite core functionality.
- Co-ordinating and delivering all areas of Data Migration throughout the project, including extraction of data from legacy systems and importing historic transactions, current transactions and static data into NetSuite.
- Working closely with Financial Controller and senior finance team to restructure and import a business agreed Chart of Accounts.
- Ensuring reporting requirements for the Finance team could be met with customised reports such as P&L, Balance Sheet and Budget vs Actual.
- Working closely with Financial Controller on budget upload into NetSuite.
- Validating the resulting GL impact of all transactions within NetSuite.
- Working closely with Financial Controller on year end and period end tasks in NetSuite.
- Conducting business wide User Acceptance Testing and Conference Room Pilot Schemes
- Delivering Super User/End User Training
- Go Live planning and cut over
- Third Party Partner integrations including Ecommerce Platform, 3PL (warehouse), Dell Boomi.
- Leading internal Project team to ensure the success of the implementation.
- Configuration and customization of NetSuite as required.
- Reporting to the Board throughout.
Principal Functional Consultant
Providing support for all areas of Multi-Subsidiary One World NetSuite ERP implementation and providing functional expertise to Fever-Tree in relation to specific areas of the system including:
- Project manage the change to cross-subsidiary sales order fulfillment, reducing the complexity in the sales process. Specifying the changes, managing the development partner, testing changes, creating UAT scripts and training users.
- Business critical configuration of USA Subsidiary to end a distribution agreement and enable Fever-Tree to begin trading directly with their US customers. Aggressive timeline to hit drop dead Go Live date, which was achieved.
- Directly managing EDI project. Ensuring compliance with specific requirements around EDI invoicing process.
- Building and maintaining relationships with 3rd party suppliers to effectively manage integration solutions.
- Complex Intercompany functionality.
- Multiple Advanced PDF layouts.
- Refining existing Saved Searches to optimize business functions.
- Creating additional, often complex, Saved Searches to meet the business requirements.
- Refining and customising reports across departments.
- Extensive customisation of fields, forms and workflows.
- Additional customisation of fields and forms to accommodate US specific requirements.
- Creation of additional workflows as required.
- Refining existing roles and responsibilities, merging roles, creating new roles as required.
- CSV updates via import.
- Delivering End User Training.
- Dealing with ad hoc NetSuite queries on a daily basis.
Lead Functional Consultant
- Reviewing all aspects of Multi-Subsidiary One World NetSuite ERP implementation and providing assistance with:
- Supply Chain process throughout the business
- Intercompany setup and transactional process
- Refining existing and creating additional Saved Searches to optimize business functions
- Managing third party integrations with warehouses and website
- Refining Call to Resolution setup, including Support, Topics, Solutions, Knowledgebase, and building specific Saved Searches
- Refining and customising reports across departments
- Customisation of fields, forms and workflows as required
- Onsite support to China subsidiary end users, involving travelling to China
- Advanced PDF layouts
- Email and letter templates
- Refining existing roles and responsibilities, merging roles, creating new roles as required
- CSV updates via import
- Delivering Super User/End User Training and providing supporting documentation
Replacement of entire business system with a new implementation of Dynamics NAV throughout the whole organisation.
Project Summary: Head of IT Department managing a team of 13 personnel.
Project Roles: To manage three sections of the IT department, IT Support, Dynamics NAV Development and Web Development. To interface with the Board and report on all activities concerning the IT department and NAV implementation. To agree and manage the IT budget (2m). To create and manage all aspects of the company’s IT strategy. To instigate and plan projects as part of the overall IT strategy.
- Solutions Architect
- Project Manager/Mentor
- Business/Systems Analyst
- System Specification and Scoping
- Implementing rigorous UAT strategy
- Coordinating fault resolution
- Training Manager
- Resource planning
- Go-live coordination
- Reporting/presenting to Board of Directors
- On-site go-live support.
- Financial Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Pebblestone Fashion
- Time & Attendance
- Resource Planning
- Human Resources
- System Specification
- Software Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- End User Training
- Go live support
- Project managed a multi million pound software implementation across a global business.
- Project managed development and release of new eCommerce website.
- Project managed full tender process for voice picking system from initial stages through review to awarding project.
- Evaluation, integration and implementation of selected voice picking system.
- Project managed full tender process for handheld warehouse solution from initial stages through review to awarding project.
- Evaluation, integration and implementation of selected handheld solution.
- Project managed IT cabling and all other technology requirements for a large scale office refurbishment.
- Business and system requirements analysis
- Scoping project
- Business process analysis
- System health checks and recommendations
- Conducting “day in life” analysis
- Writing user guides for software supported/developed
- All user guides tailored to customer’s specific requirements
- Advanced knowledge across Microsoft suite of products
General IT Knowledge
- Operating Systems
- Application Software
- Online Applications
- Cloud Based Technology
- Mobile Phone Contracts
- Integration of Third Party Software
- Liaising with Recruitment Consultants
- Reviewing Candidate Profiles
- Interview Candidates
- 9 roles filled over a 2 year period
Please contact Gary by email if you would like to discuss your business requirements.