NetSuite DellBoomi/HSBC Automated Expense Integration for PageGroup
PageGroup requested an extension onto their existing expense approval solution, to enable the automatic processing of expense transactions from their HSBC accounts. Project conceptualised in late October 2019, with Lewis joining the team in November 2019. Project ran until late February.
- Creating a specification for the project from customer requirements.
- Working directly with PageGroup, HSBC and DellBoomi teams.
- Developing multi-threaded rapid throughput MapReduce script in SuiteScript 2.0 to process HSBC banking API transactions and create appropriate NetSuite records.
- Comprehensive technical documentation of script, for potential future maintenance.
- Working with other FHL teams to implement a workflow approval system that could be suitably used with the integration.
- Working with QA team to test and quality check all the different components of the integration.
- UAT and eventual deployment of script into customer production account.
- Continued to be a part of team post go-live to offer technical script support.
Munster Bovine Documentation & Refactoring
Much of Munster Bovine’s legacy NetSuite SuiteScript customisations were under documented and therefore hard to maintain and extend functionality. Much of the same code was also inadequate and old, therefore requiring refactoring.
- Understanding system and reading any existing legacy documentation.
- Deciding how much of legacy system to retain, and which areas to refactor.
- Comprehensive re-documenting of all legacy components.
- Creating state flow diagrams to help in documenting the actual technical processes of system.
- Refactoring and rewriting of other legacy components.
- Full knowledge transfer to the FHL Munster team.
Howard Ripley & WineSuite Feature Enhancements
Howard Ripley went live with a NetSuite/FHL WineSuite implementation. Lewis worked with them whilst they compiled a list of feature enhancements for the WineSuite product, which were to be implemented into the main product.
- Liaising with HR staff and understanding the business requirements.
- Compiling a list of feature requests and requirements from HR and setting priorities.
- Creating specifications for each requirement.
- Working with PMO team to manage resources and workload.
- Creating Saved Searches, Portlets, Workflows, and Script based solutions.
- Testing enhancements, working with QA team.
- Undergoing UAT and production account deployment.
Appointment Scheduling Customisations for Middleton Mobility
Client Middleton Mobility requested functionality changes to their customised Appointment Scheduling system, previously implemented by another solution provider.
- Understanding existing implementation and its usage.
- Gathering customer requirements creating Technical Specification.
- Refactoring original implementation to FHL standards, making necessary changes to meet developer standards.
- Working from Technical Specification to make script changes to implementation and introducing new functionality.
- QA, UAT and deployment of changes to customer environment.
Internal DellBoomi Training for FHL
Lewis’ prior knowledge and experience of the DellBoomi platform made him suitable to take part in an internal company wide initiative to get other employees DellBoomi certified.
- Contacting and liaising with Boomi Support, setting up company wide training accounts.
- Preparing training material, managing internal shared Boomi document resources.
- Operating and running internal Boomi exam sessions. Responsibilities included invigilating sessions, providing non-specific technical help, and maintaining a record of modules passed by employees.
Internal RoomBooker Project for FHL
FHL relocated their main office towards the final quarter of 2019, resulting in their internal room booking solution needing to be updated to reflect the new available room resources. This system was integrated into their internal NetSuite instance, allowing meeting room resources to be managed and allocated.
- Understanding existing implementation, working with developers who created the original version.
- Developing a specification based upon the extra requirements and functionality needed for the new office.
- Drawing up mock UI in Microsoft Visio, getting advice and feedback from other team members.
- Developing a brand new Portlet which could be used to quickly book rooms directly from a user’s main NetSuite home page.
- QA and internal testing of updated RoomBooker and additional functionality.
- Installation of required hardware into new office (Raspberry Pi/touchscreens) and deploying new Room Booking solution into production.